Friday 21 March 2014

Skeledrid the Sea Dragon God

One unusual day I had a strange  feeling that I had to be somewhere. But as quick as a flash I remembered that I had to go to the Nectar Ceremony. In my village when you turn eleven it is a special day because you will drink the nectar and you may summon a spirit animal. My Nectar Ceremony was in China. When I arrived at the Ceremony the audience were as quiet as ants, everyone glanced at me like I was different. There infront of me was Queen Elizabeth and in her palm was a jar with nectar in it. I took a sip it and it tasted like bitter soup with walnut. I had a burning feeling in my chest. There were dark clouds and all of a sudden I summoned a Skeledrid! It was fierce, with it's burning water it was a dragon of the past - a hero of the water dragons. I was so scared that I had goose bumps, then I noticed that his scales were as silver as armour. His wings were torn like old rags, his eye had a scar. Everyone went silent as the dragon had returned -  Skeledrid the water god of the past! There standing next to it was a green cloak, he raised my arm and said "Oh gosh oh gosh let Shirley bring the hero of the past back, here behold Skele.....

Just then the warning bell went ding dong ding dong. The war had spread from Huang He and we were under attack. Everyone summoned a spirit animal but the enemy were too strong . So I had to leave my country on my dragon. When my journey finished in Vietnam I felt so lonely and my spirit animal was too. I knew because I could talk to him in my mind. Then I noticed a school that said - a school to help you and your spirit animal get stronger, and I knew that I had to join in to help save my country. When I stepped into the school everyone noticed Skeledrid the god of the sea. The teachers were surprised that someone had summoned the god and they were more surprised that I needed help to train him.

So my adventure was starting. Three years later Skeledrid was as big as a 200 story building and I decided to go back to Beijing in China. When I arrived in Beijing everything was destroyed into dust.
 

4 comments:

  1. Jane Va'afusuaga16 April 2014 at 18:30

    Fantastic writing, Shirley! Your description and the use of dialogue has made this story very interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome story Shirley I really like your words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shirley I think your awesome and I love Love LOVE your story's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks your story is great too

      Delete