Sunday 24 August 2014

What tree should be planted on One Tree Hill?

In my opinion, we should plant a pohutukawa tree on One Tree Hill.

Firstly, Native birds are attracted to the pohutukawa tree because the nectar is so sweet and so tasty. Secondly, it can last for 1000 years so it will be there for centuries. Finally, it's a symbol of New Zealand and it's like our Christmas tree and reminds us about the joy of Christmas. The pohutukawa is a very strong tree and will survive in the wind.
For these reasons  we should plant it on One Tree Hill!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Maqushio, I enjoyed reading your writing. I thought it was a good idea to say that the Pohutukawa tree is our Christmas tree, I always feel happy when it starts to flower because I know summer is here and soon it will be Christmas. Where do Pohutukawas normally grow?

    Miss Mac

    ReplyDelete