Monday 8 September 2014

Legend of the Kea

Long before the time of people there was a land far far away that was filled with the colourful plumage of birds and magnificent forest as far as you could see. All the birds shared a beautiful bird song and they lived in peace and harmony. Cheeky Krikta the kea always did mischievous things. Suddenly, birds began to lay more eggs and the time of quarrelling began. They stole food off other birds beaks and their pain made the sky dark. But then the incredible ruler of all the birds appeared Ka! He said "Why have you made a such a mess? For the first time the forest is the most disgusting place I've ever seen, you need to clean this mess up! Meet me in my tree so I may give you a place to live and your punishment then I will give you your beaks, wings and bird songs." But Krikta stole a beak, bird songs and wings. The next day Ka saw Krikta sing to Starling. Ka was horrified he said "who dared to give you a  beautiful bird song." Krikta didn't reply, so Ka left without giving Krikta a place to live. Then Krikta followed Ka into the Sun's light which shone on his wings and stained them an orange colour. Then Ka gave Krikta a comment he said , Krikta you are very smart but you now lose your bird songs.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's really nice of you to say, destiny helped me to choose the picture.

      Delete
  2. I liked the story that you wrote it is the best piece of writing in the world. because I liked the detail and you used interesting words.

    ReplyDelete